Union Public Service Commission CDS Eligibility Details 2019
Union Public Service Commission- UPSC CDS Eligibility Details 2019: UPSC Union Public Service Commission is going to conducts Combined Defence Services (CDS) Examination for recruitment of various vacancies under Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy, and Officers Training Academy. The following are the eligibility details to apply for the Combined Defence Services Exam.
Union Public Service Commission CDS Eligibility Details 2019:
1. Nationality: A candidate must be either
(a) A citizen of India, or
(b) A subject of Nepal, or
(c) A subject of Bhutan, or
(d) A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
(e) A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Srilanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
2. Age Limit:
- For IMA: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02-01-1996 and not later than 01-01-2001
- For Indian Naval Academy: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02-01-1996 and not later than 01-01-2001.
- For Air Force Academy: Unmarried male candidates age between 20 to 24 years as on 1st January, 2020 i.e. born not earlier than 02-01-1996 and not later than 01-01-2000 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 yrs.i.e. born not earlier than 02-01-1994 and not later than 01-01-2000).
- For Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Course for Men): Male candidates (unmarried) born not earlier than 02-01-1995 and not later than 01-01-2001.
- For Officers Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical Course): Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 02-01-1995 and not later than 01-01-2001.
Note: Male divorcee/widower candidates cannot be treated as unmarried male for the purpose of their admission in IMA/INA/AFA courses and accordingly they are not eligible for these courses.
3. Educational Qualification:
- For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy: Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.
- For Indian Naval Academy: Degree in Engineering from a recognized university/institution.
- For Air Force Academy: Degree of a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
Note: Those candidates who are studying in the final year’s Degree course and have yet to pass the final year Degree examination are also eligible to apply.
Physical Standards: Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Combined Defence Services Examination.